SETA Correctional Facilities Committee (CFC)SETA HOME
|Chair:||Tony W.||Alt Chair:||Harol B.|
|Secretary:||Larry L.||Treasurer:||Roy E.|
|C.C.S./Pre-Release:||Tom W.||Blue Can:||Richard D.|
|IT Liaison:||Bahiyyah W.|
|Spanish Liaison:||Yolanda L.||Grapevine:||Terry P.|
|Literature:||Manny S.||Conference Chair:||Roland R.|
SETA CFC Chair Job Description
CFC Committee Job Descriptions
Hybrid Committee Meetings:
7:30-9:00 P.M. @ Intergroup Office
Quarterly meetings are at the SETA Assembly on Saturday at 4:30 PM
Committee meetings are open to anyone interested in helping with this great 12-step work and service opportunity.
We hope to see you there, and be sure to bring a friend, sponsor, or sponsee.
Annual SETA Correctional Facility Conference - Sept 15-17, 2023
6th National Corrections Convention - Nov 10-12, 2023
Southeast Texas Area (SETA) CFC carries the message of Alcoholics Anonymous to the suffering alcoholic behind the walls of our local, county, and state jails, as well as state and federal prisons.
What Do We Do:
Take AA meetings into correctional facilities.
Distribute AA literature purchased with your generous BLUE CAN donations.
Answer letters from incarcerated inmates through the Correspondence Program.
Set up contacts for pre-release inmates to assist in getting them to their first AA meeting upon release.
Carry the message through setting up information tables at workshops
Download the 2015 SETA CFC Workshop (PDF) to learn the history and information of AA in Texas prisons.
(Click on phamplet for additional information)
How You Can Help:
Contact us at CFC@AA-SETA.ORG.
Carrying the message to inmates in Texas is rewarding and uplifting service work. There are several service opportunities from which to choose, and most do not require entering a correctional facility. Each service function is an important part of the overall CFC mission to bring the AA message to incarcerated inmates.
Outside Service Opportunities:
· Host a BLUE CAN at your group. The BLUE CAN contributions go toward purchasing AA-approved literature for incarcerated inmates.
· Correspond with an inmate to share the message of AA recovery through your experience, strength, and hope.
· Be a Pre-Release Contact. As a Pre-Release Contact, you will meet an inmate upon release and take him/her to their first AA meeting.
· Participate in the CFC Committee, and help facilitate and support all CFC activities.
· Host a CFC information table at workshops and conventions.
· Promote CFC service work within your group. Download and distribute the CFC “How Can I Help?” information flyer.
Inside Service Opportunities:
· Facilitate a meeting for alcoholics in state jails or state and federal prisons. Approved TDCJ volunteer status required.
· Facilitate a meeting for alcoholics in county jails. Requirements are dependent on county and facility.
· How It Works - Twelfth Step in Correctional Facilities - Flyer
Volunteer Approval Process:
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must not have any pending criminal charges
· Must have been released from an adult correctional facility for at least 18 months
· If you are on any type of adult supervision, you will be required to provide a letter from your supervising officer stating they are aware you are wishing to become a volunteer for the TDCJ
· Must be 18 months from the disposition date of any criminal charges (excluding traffic tickets)
· If unable to attend a volunteer training session, you may either:
· download the application, complete it, print, then send by fax or,
· download and print the application, complete it by hand, then send by postal mail
Both fax number and postal address are inside the forms below, as well as the Volunteer Handbook Guide
Volunteer Handbook Volunteer Application Solicitud de Voluntario
TDCJ Volunteer Training Schedule
If you have a specific question regarding your eligibility, you are encouraged to contact TDCJ Volunteer Services at (936) 437-3026
Literature Order Forms:
Literature Order Form - XLSX (2021 version)
Literature Order Form - PDF (2021 version)
TDCJ AA Unit Meetings
TDCJ AA Unit Meetings PDF (12/03/2021)
TDCJ AA Unit Meetings PDF (09/07/2021)
TDCJ AA Unit Map Locations (03/26/2017)
URL for this page:
<![if !vml]> <![endif]> Page Last Modified: 03/09/2023